I love sales and shadows… so when the Urban Decay Book of Shadows III went on sale for $39 (originally $54) with an additional 20% off (Friends and Family)… I had to get it. This New York City inspired palette comes with 16 vintage formula colors + Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Original (nude—dries invisibly) + 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: Zero (zealous black cream).
The palette is still available on the Urban Decay’s site, so if you’re interested… click here to get one of your very own.
Yes, this palette lights up and pops up.
According to Urban Decay:
- Pull out the drawer to reveal 16 amazing Eyeshadow shades, from versatile neutral hues and smoky-eye essentials to bold, attention-grabbing brights. You also get a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion (for crease-free color that lasts for 24 hours) and a travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in our best-selling, award-winning zealous black.
- Of course, no ode to NYC would be complete without a tribute to its glimmering lights and iconic landmarks, so we topped it all off with a pop-up, light-up collage of the city that never sleeps.
Oil Slick (black matte w/silver micro-glitter) | Uzi (silver metallic w/big iridescent sparkles) | Stray Dog (cool ash brown metallic) | Mildew (mossy green shimmer w/gold shift) | Midnight Cowboy Rides Again (light pink champagne shimmer w/silver glitter) | SWF (pale cotton candy pink shimmer w/silver micro-glitter) | Last Call (plum metallic) | Rockstar (deep aubergine shimmer)
Haight (mermaid blue shimmer) | Maui Wowie (golden beige metallic w/silver micro-glitter) | Aquarius (aqua green shimmer) | Smog* (deep coppery bronze shimmer) | Goddess (deep smoky blue w/aqua micro-glitter) | Sin* (champagne shimmer) | YDK** (cool bronze shimmer) | Ecstasy (bright purple shimmer w/slight pink shift) * Included in Naked Palette | ** Included in Naked 2 Palette
– Love all 16 colors. Only a total of 3 colors are from the Naked (Smog & Sin) and Naked 2 (YDK) palettes.
– At $39, it’s a great deal.
– The NYC inspired packaging is fun with all the lights and pop ups, but too bulky for my taste.
Overall, I’m very happy with my purchase. Lots of shadows for everyday wear and some funky colors that I can have fun with. Also, the mini eyeliner and primer are uber cute and perfect for travel. Oh, and by the way… since this shadow book is so big and bulky, I’ll be depotting it to make it more travel friendly. :) I recently won a Unii Palette, so timing is perfect. Stay tuned to see how I depot this monster sized palette into a compact and slim Unii Palette!
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out.
Have you ever depotted a shadow palette?