A few weeks ago, I went to Sephora and was shocked (and excited) to see a display of Koh Gen Do (Japanese makeup company est. 1986) products! I’ve heard great things about Koh Gen Do and couldn’t wait to get my paws on their products. At the time, I was looking for an alternative to my favorite under-eye concealer, so I purchased their moisture concealer compact.
According to Koh Gen Do: Gentle moisturizing botanical ingredients take care of areas prone to dryness, such as under the eyes, where concealers are usually most needed. The smooth, soft texture applies evenly, allowing sheer layering that fits perfectly onto your skin with long wearing results. Moisture Concealer also includes pearl powders for great coverage. The pearl powders and pure mineral pigments camouflage blemishes, freckles and general discolorations of the skin and deflect the redness that lighting can intensify. For all skin types, it will leave your skin looking natural without cakiness while giving increased coverage. Available at Sephora. $54
Here’s what I like:
- 3 shades to custom blend to your perfect shade
- beautiful case with a good sized mirror and a retractable brush
- the concealers has a natural (somewhat matte) finish
- great coverage
Here’s what I don’t like:
- it comes in 3 shades. I know I mentioned this as a ‘like’… but it’s something I also don’t like. Mixing the colors to make my perfect match each time is a bit stressful for me. I’d rather be color matched and buy a concealer that’s in my shade so I don’t have to mix each time I use it.
- not as moisturizing as I’d like for my dry under-eye area
- costs $54
Although I wasn’t wowed, it’s definitely is a good option. I’ll be sticking to my DIY moisture under-eye concealer, but Koh Gen Do’s concealer compact is a great product to use for coverup on other parts of the face. Would I repurchase? I think the product is good… but the $54 price not.
The next Koh Gen Do product I can’t wait to try is their Spa Water… I hear this is an amazing cleanser. I’ll provide a review in a future post! Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out. xo
Have you tried any Koh Gen Do products?