Boo! Can you believe it’ll be Halloween in a few weeks?!?
If you’re looking for a Halloween nail DIY, here’s a bloody nail look that’s very easy to create. Probably easier than my Splatter Paint Nails… which by the way, is also fun way to create a bloody splatter nail look!
Whatever you dress up (or don’t dress up) as this Halloween, add some spookiness with this bloody nail look. It’ll add drama to any look for sure! Please scroll down for the visual tutorial, detailed instructions, and additional tips. I hope you enjoy this look and tutorial!
Oh, and if you’re on Pinterest, don’t forget to pin and share with your followers!~
Scary and Bloody Halloween Nail DIY
What you’ll need: Makeup sponge + paper plate + red and black nail polish.
4 Step tutorial:
- Dip the corner tip of the makeup sponge in the red polish and tap, tap, tap from the middle of your nails to the tip.
- Using the same sponge, tap the black polish just on the tips of your nails.
- With the red polish, tap over the black polish to soften the black look. Doing this step will make the blood look dirty and congealed. Scary!
- Dip a dotting tool (or toothpick) in the red polish and use it to create the blood dripping effect.
- Before you start: Cut the sponge into a smaller piece. This will help you keep the polish off your skin and you can save the remainder sponge to try out other sponge nail looks like my vampy Red x Black Glam look. If you do get polish on your skin, just use some nail polish remover to clean up after you’ve completed the look.
- Drip effect: With the dotting tool, drop a small drop of red polish where I want the drip to end (closer to cuticle than tip), then drag the polish toward the tip in a squiggly motion.
- Bleeding effect: For a bleeding effect, have the red polish run along your cuticles on some of your nails… People will think you’re really bleeding!
- Realistic effect: Not using a top coat leaves a rough textured finish which looks like congealed blood (see the picture just to the right of step 4)! I completed my look with a coat of Seche Vite, giving it a nice glossy finish.
I hope you’ll give this look a try! Whether you’re a kid, or a kid at heart… Dress up and have some (scary) fun this Halloween!
What will you be dressing up as this Halloween?!?
pretty gossip with me on…
facebook – stay informed! | twitter- tweet with me.
instagram- snapshots of my life | pinterest- see what interests me.
bloglovin- easiest way to follow me and all your favorite blogs.