I shared this photo on Instagram a couple of weeks ago and some of you asked me what it was. Well, I’m here to share with you today that this is THE best conditioner… ever.
A few years ago, I shared with my hair stylist that my hair was super dry and tangled all the time. She recommended I try MoltoBene’s Clay Esthe Pack. I was desperate, so I splurged on the ~$50 hair pack. Since then, there’s been no turning back. It’s… amazing.
Here’s why I love it:
- Although it’s a pack, it’s used more like a daily conditioner.
- It instantly softens and detangles my hair. Seriously the best.
- My hair literally drinks up the pack.
- My scalp tingles a bit when I use it. Not in a bad way.
- I don’t shed as much and I’ve notice my scalp feels a lot healthier.
- Even though the pack is thick (as pictured below), it doesn’t weigh down my hair/roots.
- Has a pleasant mineral-ly and sweet smell.
Some interesting ingredients:
- Squalane: A fast-absorbing moisturizer that also acts as an antioxidant. This multitasking ingredient also prevents UV damage, promotes cell growth and is antibacterial.
- Tanakura Clay: A deep-sea clay produced by volcanoes in Japan is great at absorbing dirt and grease, while depositing valuable minerals.
- Quercetin: A powerful antioxidant.
Here’s how I use it:
- I shampoo as normal and rinse. *I don’t use MoltoBene’s Shampoo… just don’t think it’s worth it. I’m currently using Not Your Mother’s Shampoo and am happy with it.
- My hair goes down to my waist so I use about 2.5 pumps. I work it through my hair and massage into my scalp. With this conditioner, I’m not afraid to massage into my scalp because it doesn’t weigh down my hair.
- I leave it in my hair for about 1-3 minutes before I rinse. It’s recommended you leave it in for 5.
Where to buy:
Interested in trying it out? If it’s your first time buying it… you’ll need to get the starter pack with the bottle which will cost about $50. The refills are about $39. Get the set (Shampoo and the Pack) for about $80. You can find more MoltoBene products HERE!
How to refill:
Once you try this product, I’m sure you’ll love it and purchase the refill. So, in case you’re like me and find the refill process a little unusual… here’s a tutorial showing you how to refill your bottle.
How To Refill Your Clay Esthe Bottle: I know my bottle says Shampoo, but ignore that. I threw away my Pack bottle because it was old from many years of use!
1. Squeeze all the contents in the refill bag down. Flatten and fold over the top flap.
2. Flip the bag over and put the top of the bag (with folded over flap) first into the base of the bottle. I found this part a bit confusing, so I’ve included a white arrow to show that the bottom of the bag should be coming out of the bottle. In other words, the top of the bag (with folder flap) should be put first into the bottle so it’s touching the bottom of the bottle.
3. Put the top part of the bottle on and push down hard. You’ll hear and feel the pump pierce the bag.
4. Screw on the bottle and you’re done!
I hope this review and tutorial has been helpful. This product is definitely a splurge… but in my opinion, it’s worth it if you have dry hair and tons of split ends. The bottle and refill are quite large, so it’ll last you a long time. But to make the product last even longer, I alternate between using MoltoBene’s pack and Not Your Mother’s Conditioner. If you have any questions, you know what to do.
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out! xo
Facebook – Let’s be friends and stay connected.
Twitter- Best way to gossip with me.
Instagram- See a more personal side of me.
Pinterest- See what interests me.
Bloglovin- Easiest way to follow Pretty Gossip and all your favorite blogs.