I’ve been searching for a daytime cream (with a minimum SPF of 30) for some time now and I’m absolutely in love with Laszlo Blue’s Firmarine SPF 30!
“This firming cream is a breakthrough skincare treatment that strengthens and nourishes the skin with its powerful ingredients. Its beneficial main ingredient, Spirulina Maxima, is a sustainable fresh water micro-algae that boasts over 70 essential vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. With continual application, this nutritional face cream will effectively hydrate and regenerate damaged cells, creating smoother, firmer and healthier looking skin.” ($195 for 50 g)
This cream is perfect in so many ways. Here’s all the reasons why I love it so much and highly recommend it to anyone with dry to combination skin.
- Consistency: Very soft cream. Applies easily. No need to break the cream down between your fingers like La Mer.
- Scent: Relaxing marine smell~ For those few minutes I’m putting on the cream, I’m transported to a beach somewhere… Reminds me a lot of H2O+ Face Oasis which I used to use a long long time ago.
- Moisture: Leaves my skin feeling soft and perfectly hydrated all day.
- Absorbs quickly: My dry skin drank up Laszlo Blue Firmarine cream quickly and I was able to put on foundation and/or BB cream right away. It may take a little longer for oily skin to absorb the cream. Pictured below is my hand right after application and 15 minutes later… but my skin had absorbed the cream within the first 5 minutes.
- Sunscreen: SPF of 30! Awesome. It protects against UVB (Octinoxate and octisalate) and UVA (Avobenzone). It’s not uncommon to be allergic to octinoxate, octisalate, and avobenzone (chemical sunscreen ingredients) so I’d just make sure you’re not allergic before applying Firmarine to your face.
- Additional Thoughts: I have dry skin, and Laszlo Blue Firmarine provides the perfect amount of moisture for the day! Doesn’t leave my face shiny or oily. My skin felt comfortably hydrated and happy! No irritation for my uber sensitive skin or eyes either. Yay! It probably isn’t enough moisture for me to use as a night time cream, but I guess it doesn’t matter because I wouldn’t use it night since it has SPF in it.
Overall, I am super happy with Laszlo Blue Firmarine SPF 30. It’s the perfect daytime cream: relaxing smell, soft consistency, absorbs quickly, leaves my skin perfectly hydrated and provides sun protection!
It’s my new favorite daytime cream now. That’s a big statement! Highly recommend this cream to anyone with dry to combination skin.
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out!