Since starting Pretty Gossip, I knew I had to branch out and try other moisturizers so I could provide reviews, but the thought of leaving my trusty tried and true moisturizer was a bit scary. I’ve been using La Mer for 10+ years with many many many other products sprinkled in between. La Mer has always been my go-to product that I always had on hand, even when I was using other moisturizers… just in case.
At the start of the new year, I mustered up the courage to completely cut myself off and began using Nu Skin’s Tri Phasic White system. Two months later, I’m happy to say that I made it (!) and that Nu Skin has been very kind to my skin. This skeptic is pleased!~
According to Nu Skin:
“The Nu Skin Tri-Phasic White System is a comprehensive skin brightening system containing five products that work together to minimize the activation, synthesis, and expression phases of the skin discoloration process. This benefits your skin by minimizing dark spots, preventing new discoloration, and maintaining a luminous bright complexion–no matter the color of your skin!” ($195.00) Read more on how it works here.
1) Tri-Phasic White Cleanser
2) Tri-Phasic White Toner
3) Tri-Phasic White Essence
4) AM-Tri-Phasic White Day Milk Lotion/ PM- Tri-Phasic White Night Cream
- I’ve been using the Nu Skin Tri-Phasic White 4 step system for about 2 months now. The packaging is a bit unimpressive… but it’s what’s inside that counts right?
- The 1st morning after I used it, I was surprised to see my skin felt and looked so smooth. As if someone had literally HDR-ed my skin. It was such a big change that I didn’t know what to think. The following morning, I didn’t see the same huge difference… but man that first day was amazing!
- Many brightening and whitening systems can be harsh and cause irritation to sensitive skin. I was worried my super dry skin would hurt and be sensitive. Sensitivity wasn’t a problem! Phew! The daytime lotion was a tad too light for me, so I just used the cream day and night when I felt my skin needed extra moisture.
- Great first impression. Off to a good start indeed!
Cleanser: Practically fragrance free.
Toner: Refreshing scent.
Essence: Not terrible, but reminds me of herbal medicine. My least favorite out of the 5 items.
Lotion: Mild scent.
Cream: Mild calming scent
I didn’t notice a lot of dark spot removal, but then again I don’t have a whole lot of spots to remove… so maybe that’s why I didn’t see a huge change?! I haven’t gotten any new spots, so it’s done a good job in prevention. By the way, when using a whitening system, it’s really important to protect against the sun. The Nu Skin daytime lotion has a SPF of 15, but I applied an additional sunblock for UVA and UVB protection.
My skin’s complexion hasn’t seen a huge transformation in terms of spots, but I’ve noticed my skin has remained very healthy. Considering the very little sleep and stress levels I’ve been dealing with… my skin has been behaving very well during these difficult months. For this, I’m very thankful to Nu Skin’s system for maintaining and preserving my skin’s health. Nu Skin definitely performed in this category. My skin feels and looks healthy, and while I can’t point to specific spots that got lighter… I can say that my overall skin tone and complexion has been great.
If you’re looking for improvement in discoloration or overall complexion and tine, I recommend this system for sure! It’s a straight forward system that’s easy to use. It’s hydrating enough for my dry skin (during the especially dry winter months) and gentle enough for sensitive skin. If you have oily skin, I don’t think it will be a problem for you either. The day lotion is light, and the night cream is thicker… but not greasy or too heavy. At $195 (About $40 per piece), it’s reasonable priced too.
The only thing missing from the system is an eye cream. Nu Skin offers it separately, so if you do get this system.. please be sure to pick an eye cream and be sure to double up on the sunblock protection! SPF 15 is not enough in my opinion. Overall, I’m so glad I tried Nu Skin and would definitely recommend it!~