I’m so happy I found this! I happily took the pledge and think every blogger should take the pledge too.
I didn’t share a recent unpleasant experience with all of you because:
1) Didn’t want to discuss a topic that was… ugly.
2) I just wanted to move past it.
I’ll share with you now because it’ll give you a better idea of why I think this pledge is important.
I recently had a not-so-nice experience involving another blogger “stealing” one of my post. Literally copied WORD FOR WORD with no reference to PrettyGossip. I was disappointed and even wondered if the blogging world was for me. I’m not a confrontational person, so it was really uncomfortable for me to have to approach the other blogger. Fortunately, we were able to quickly deal with the situation and lay it to bed.
So… when I came across this pledge, I happily took it.
If you’re a pretty reader… in addition to the items outlined on my About page, please know that PrettyGossip will follow the Kind-Hearted Pledge.
If you’re a blogger… I hope you’ll consider taking the pledge and promise to play nice.
AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:
- create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
- be understanding of each other– in the blogging community, as well as in the world
- stay away from internet/blogging bullying
- speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other’s feelings– be tactful.
- make an effort–no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
- acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
- know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
- believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.
Thanks and hope you’re having a great week.