The occasional booty shaking and fist pumping on the dance floor is great. But that’s where the shaking and pumping should stay… on the dance floor.
If you shake your nail polish and/or pump your mascara, you may want to reconsider.
Shaking the bottle will create air bubbles within the polish making it thick and difficult to apply.
- Roll the bottle between the palms of your hands while upright. This will warm the polish as well as gently mix the formula.
- Metal balls? The rolling motion is enough to let them do their job of mixing.
- Glittery polish? Roll and also turn the bottle upside down then upright once before applying.
- Be sure to keep the neck of the bottle clean so that the cap can be tightly closed.
If your polish is already ruined, just continue to shake until it’s time to throw out. Or you can try mixing in a few drops of polish thinner. Acetone is a good emergency substitute… but thinner works best.
When I see girls vigorously pumping their mascara wand, I cringe. This will only cause air to go in and dry out the mascara.
- Use the wand to ‘scrape’ the walls of the mascara tube.
- Keep the lid tightly closed and upright so that the mascara can settle to the bottom near the brush.
Try holding it under hot running water for a few minutes. You can also try putting in a couple of drops of baby oil. It’s probably time for a new mascara if you’re considering repeating either of these steps since these tricks can change the properties of the mascara.
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving weekend!~